Dr. Bernard Marshall Gordon, (known as Bernie),
was born in Springfield, Massachusetts, in 1927. He earned B.S. and M.S. degrees in Electrical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology In 1963, he founded Gordon Engineering, which later evolved into Analogic Corporation where he and the teams of engineers he led conceived and developed the first: “instant imaging” Computed Tomography (CT) system; and the first three-dimensional, multi-slice, dual-energy explosive detection CT system. In 2004, after leaving Analogic, he co-founded NeuroLogica Corporation of Danvers, Massachusetts, where he served and continues to serve as Chairman of the Board. Elected to the National Academy of Engineering in 1991, Mr. Gordon has also received many awards, including that of Fellow of the IEEE; Fellow of the International Engineering Consortium; the Benjamin Franklin Award for Innovation in Engineering and Technology; and, in 1986, the U.S. National Medal of Technology, presented by the President of the United States. Bernie and his wife share philanthropic commitment to the education of engineering leaders. In 2004 the couple started donating to the Technion, the Israel Institute of Technology, aiming to promote systems engineering leadership in Israel. Their donation was used to establish the Gordon Center for Systems Engineering. This gift to The Technion resonates deeply with Mr. and Mrs, Gordon’s lifetime philanthropic commitment to the education of engineering leaders.